SDA Solutions LLC is looking for a motivated IT Technical Writer for a DoD Federal Customer, located in Quantico, Va. This is in direct support of a recently awarded 5 year network support contract effort. The IT Technical Writer is responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat-sheets, or instructions. He/She is responsible for assisting the Program Manager with creating and editing technical documents that pertain to an enterprise network. The IT Technical Writer will provide technical documentation support functions at an enterprise level for a network that currently supports over 6500 users worldwide.
· Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
· Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, marketing specifications.
· Meet with customer representatives and vendors to gather technical specifications
· Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples.
· Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
· Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
· Gather information on their subjects in libraries and on the web.
· Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to go along with rough drafts.
· Ensure fields flow in the correct sequence.
· Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
· Edit defense/Marine Corps publications.
· Create table of contents and cite sources.
· Submit copies to managers for feedback.
· Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
· Follow a life cycle called document development life cycle.
· Release the document following final approval.
· Conduct online tutorials.
· Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
· Familiar with MS Sharepoint in a publication management environment
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- DOD Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Sec+ CE a plus
· Highly Desirable
- College Degree preferred but 3+ years’ experience is acceptable
Typical office environment, able to sit for extended periods of time and stand for various periods of time.
About SDA Solutions LLC
Founded in 2013, SDA Solutions LLC (SDA) is an agile, minority and service disabled Veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) located in the Northern Virginia region. As a professional support services company, SDA is committed to delivering an efficient and effective holistic approach to provide best in class IT Operations, Systems and Security Engineering, Cyber Security, and Test and Evaluation solutions tailored specifically to each of our client’s requirements.
Our vision is to continuously exceed expectations through providing a highly qualified, ethical, and capable professionals with a true passion to understanding our client’s mission and doing what it takes to ensure their success. Coupled with our highly skilled and passionate employees, we will provide innovative approaches using the latest technological capabilities and methods to plan, implement, and sustain advanced solutions unique to each one our client’s need.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.