SDA Solutions LLC is looking for a motivated Unified Communications (UC) Engineer for a DoD Federal Customer, located in Quantico, Va. This is in direct support of a recently awarded 5 year network support contract effort. The UC Engineer is responsible for overseeing the organization’s communications systems, to include voice, phone, video collaboration systems into a single system for internal/external use. Their duties include working with other IT staff and company employees to identify communications needs, overseeing the installation and integration of existing and new communications hardware/software, and using employee/user feedback to isolate issues. The UC Engineer will provide communications functions at an enterprise level for a network that currently supports over 6500 users worldwide.
The UC Engineer will lead the technical delivery of projects, including design, configuration, and testing of technical solutions for enterprise UC voice communications. The UC Engineer will prepare detailed product designs and documentation, ensure all requirements are met, provide financial estimates for implementation and sustainment, and deliver implementation schedules with milestones for government review/approval. He/she will ensure designs comply with all applicable Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps interoperability/compatibility standards, current/future system plans, and (applicable) security requirements. The UC Engineer will help define security standard methodologies and develop innovative voice solutions specific to the needs of the government client.
· Under general supervision, monitors and responds to UC hardware and software issues
· 4+ years of experience working in an enterprise UC network environment
· Highly responsive to customer requests.
· Knowledge of UC’s operating in support of a data center and an enterprise network
· Experience with multi-platform UC components required, such as Cisco
· Solid analytical/cognitive skills to troubleshoot complex and technical problems
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality
· 4+ experience in UC Infrastructure devices with configuration and maintenance
· A positive customer experience when dealing with all level of users, especially senior level management
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related field
· Experience/certification in relevant UC IT products/technologies, to include Call Managers, Chat Servers, Cross-domain systems. Desktop Video Conferencing (DVTC) systems, and Meeting Services
· Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e. g. BMC Remedy or similar ticketing systems to manage and track incidents)
· Extensive UC communications systems knowledge should include Cisco CODECs, Cisco Expressways, Cisco Jabber, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Telepresence Management
Suite, Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unified Border Elements (CUBE), Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams Services, Session Boarder Controllers, Skype for Business, and Voice & Video over Internet Protocol (VVoIP) Endpoints
· An extensive knowledge of telecommunications protocols H.323, MGCP, SIP, and E.164.
· Basic knowledge of ITI
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
· Required: Security + CE
· Highly Desirable
o CCIE Voice
o CUCM Managers Course
Typical office environment, able to sit for extended periods of time and stand for various periods of time.
About SDA Solutions LLC
Founded in 2013, SDA Solutions LLC (SDA) is an agile, minority and service disabled Veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) located in the Northern Virginia region. As a professional support services company, SDA is committed to delivering an efficient and effective holistic approach to provide best in class IT Operations, Systems and Security Engineering, Cyber Security, and Test and Evaluation solutions tailored specifically to each of our client’s requirements.
Our vision is to continuously exceed expectations through providing a highly qualified, ethical, and capable professionals with a true passion to understanding our client’s mission and doing what it takes to ensure their success. Coupled with our highly skilled and passionate employees, we will provide innovative approaches using the latest technological capabilities and methods to plan, implement, and sustain advanced solutions unique to each one our client’s need.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.