SDA Solutions LLC is looking for a motivated Network Administrator for a DoD Federal Customer, located in Quantico, Va. This is in direct support of a recently awarded 5 year network support contract effort. The Network Administrator is responsible for overseeing the organization’s networks to ensure proper maintenance and security. Their duties include working with other IT staff and company employees to identify network needs, overseeing the installation of new hardware or software and using employee/user feedback to isolate issues. The Network Admin will provide functions at an enterprise network level for a network that currently supports over 6500 users worldwide.
The Network Administrator is responsible for a full range of hands on support to the federal customer user base. Support includes software, hardware, network administration, troubleshooting and mission network infrastructure support.
· Maintaining computer networks and systems including software, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware
· Installing and configuring network equipment such as CISCO Switches, CISCO Firewalls, Aruba Access Points, Fortigate Firewalls.
· Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for computer systems and networks
· Communicating networking issues to other employees and management, especially in training new users
· Fixing software and hardware configuration issues for users on-demand or from inspection of the systems
· Under general supervision, monitors and responds to hardware and software problems
· 2+ years of experience working in an enterprise IT network environment
· Highly responsive to customer requests.
· Knowledge of data centers and networking
· Knowledge of plan, install, configure and maintain LAN, WAN, WLAN.
· Experience with CISCO, Fortinet, Aruba Networks.
· Solid analytical/cognitive skills to troubleshoot complex and technical problems
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality
· 2+ experience in Networking Infrastructure devices with configuration and maintenance
· Ensure a positive Customer Experience when dealing with all level of users
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related field
· Experience using Fortinet appliances: ForitManager, Fortigate Firewalls 2000, 100 and 80E
· Experience with layer 2 and layer 3 networking technologies: VLANs, PVLANs
· Experience with VPN technologies: GRE, IPSEC, MPLS (layer 2 & 3)
· Experience with Aruba Networks WLAN, Controller and Clearpass
· Certification in relevant IT products/technologies CISCO, Fortigate
· Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e. g. BMC Remedy or similar ticketing systems to manage and track incidents)
· Basic knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk metrics/SLA s, and mobile device support
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
Active DoD Secret Clearance
Security + C
Typical office environment, able to sit for extended periods of time and stand for various periods of time.
About SDA Solutions LLC
Founded in 2013, SDA Solutions LLC (SDA) is an agile, minority and service disabled Veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) located in the Northern Virginia region. As a professional support services company, SDA is committed to delivering an efficient and effective holistic approach to provide best in class IT Operations, Systems and Security Engineering, Cyber Security, and Test and Evaluation solutions tailored specifically to each of our client’s requirements.
Our vision is to continuously exceed expectations through providing a highly qualified, ethical, and capable professionals with a true passion to understanding our client’s mission and doing what it takes to ensure their success. Coupled with our highly skilled and passionate employees, we will provide innovative approaches using the latest technological capabilities and methods to plan, implement, and sustain advanced solutions unique to each one our client’s need.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.