SDA Solutions LLC is looking for a motivated Systems Administrator (SysAdmin) for a DoD Federal Customer, located in Quantico, Va. This is in direct support of a recently awarded 5 year network support contract effort. The Systems Administrator is responsible for overseeing the organization’s IT systems to ensure proper maintenance and security. Their duties include performing Tier II functions, working with other IT staff and company employees to identify systems infrastructure needs, overseeing the installation of new hardware or software and using employee/user feedback to isolate issues. The Systems Admin will provide functions at an enterprise systems level for a network that currently supports over 6500 users worldwide.
The SysAdmin is responsible for managing the software and hardware involved with running the federal customer’s computer network. Their duties include tracking network traffic and activity, installing and configuring software updates and performing database backups to restore and protect user information. The SysAdmin is responsible for a full range of hands on support to the federal customer user base. Support includes software, hardware, systems administration, troubleshooting and mission IT and systems infrastructure support.
· Provides on-site support to end users on a variety of issues.
· Responds to trouble tickets escalated from Tier I
· Successfully manages assigned tickets to closure
· Diagnoses and troubleshoots end user desktop application issues and provides appropriate solutions
· Follow-up with end users to provide status updates as per service level agreements (SLA’s)
· Support Tier III and engineering analysis initiatives when applicable
Must have Microsoft MCSA certification or higher
BA/BS or 6+ years’ of equivalent experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related field
· Certification in relevant IT products/technologies (Examples, CompTIA (A+, Network +, Server+ and Security+ CE) certifications and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP))
· Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e. g. BMC Remedy or similar ticketing systems to manage and track incidents)
· Experience managing users and mailboxes in Exchange and O365
· Basic knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk metrics/SLA s, and mobile device support
· Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, and User/Group management
· Experience using command prompt and PowerShell
· Basic understanding of DNS and familiarity with tools such as nslookup and doing reverse lookups for troubleshooting.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
· Security + CE
· Microsoft OS Certification, preferably MCP or better
Typical office environment, able to sit for extended periods of time and stand for various periods of time.
About SDA Solutions LLC
Founded in 2013, SDA Solutions LLC (SDA) is an agile, minority and service disabled Veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) located in the Northern Virginia region. As a professional support services company, SDA is committed to delivering an efficient and effective holistic approach to provide best in class IT Operations, Systems and Security Engineering, Cyber Security, and Test and Evaluation solutions tailored specifically to each of our client’s requirements.
Our vision is to continuously exceed expectations through providing a highly qualified, ethical, and capable professionals with a true passion to understanding our client’s mission and doing what it takes to ensure their success. Coupled with our highly skilled and passionate employees, we will provide innovative approaches using the latest technological capabilities and methods to plan, implement, and sustain advanced solutions unique to each one our client’s need.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.